If you ever struggle with bloating, this episode is for you! Today we are joined by expert digestive health holistic nutritionist Shannon Babic to help you beat the bloat and feel great in your body again. In this episode, she explains what bloating is, the difference between “regular” bloating and chronic bloating, and some of the many common foods that trigger it. Shannon also sheds light on how you can discover the cause of your bloating, discusses whether or not you should take digestive enzyme supplements, and gives some other tips on how to prepare your digestive system before a large meal. You’ll also discover a clever test that you can do at home to help you figure out if you are low in digestive enzymes before we geek out on the vagus nerve, probiotics, and saccharomyces boulardii. 40 percent of the population complains about bloating and distention, so to figure out what may be causing your bloating and learn some simple lifestyle changes that you can make to prevent it, tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Some background into today’s guest Shannon Babic and her career in holistic nutrition.
- An explanation of what bloating is and what it feels like.
- The difference between “regular” bloating and chronic bloating.
- Common foods that trigger bloating.
- Sugar alcohols and artificial sweeteners as substances that many people are intolerant towards.
- Why high-fat meals may cause bloating.
- How to know if you are low in digestive enzymes and a test you can do to measure this.
- Whether or not you should take digestive enzyme supplements before a big meal.
- Other ways to prepare your digestive system before a large meal.
- Stress, anxiety, and other factors aside from food that cause bloating.
- How to discover the cause of your bloating.
- One of the most overlooked causes of bloating SIBO: Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth.
- How to find the right probiotic for you.
- Shannon’s advice for anyone looking to treat their bloating: journal.
- A full-blown pun-filled geek-out on saccharomyces boulardii.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Be Well with Shan
Be Well with Shan on Instagram
Allison Tannis on LinkedIn
Allison Tannis on Instagram
Natural Health Influencer on Instagram
Natural Health Influencer Facebook Group
Vista Magazine on Instagram