Food is a wondrous source of joy and nutrition, but for some, the relationship is a bit more complicated. Joining us today to provide insight into how to live a full life with food allergies and gut-related issues are the ever-inspiring Anthony and Staci Lo Cascio. Anthony and Staci are professional tap dancers and the co-authors of Food As A Prescription: A Handbook for Those Currently On or Prescribed a Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Corn-Free and/or Dairy-Free Diet. In this episode, we hear some great, practical tips for navigating travelling with food intolerances and shifting your mindset from one of deprivation to abundance. We discover the best place to start if we suspect an intolerance as well as the science behind gluten cross-reactivity syndrome. Tune in to find out how you, too, can thrive despite food restrictions, and free yourself of the fear of contamination!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing professional tap dancers and authors of Food As A Prescription, Anthony and Staci Lo Cascio!
- How to navigate traveling with food allergies.
- Anthony’s history of gut-related issues and Staci’s autoimmune issues.
- Gluten cross-reactivity syndrome and the relationship between gluten and dairy.
- Why the Whole30 diet is a good starting point and how long it takes to see results.
- The relationship between high-fructose corn syrup and hyper-activity.
- How to notice patterns without an elimination diet.
- Strategies to change your mindset and reframe a ‘free-from’ diet as a positive.
- Retraining your palette!
- Why Anthony and Stacy use food cards.
- The best allergy-friendly fast-food chain in Canada.
- The connection between the Western diet and inflammatory-based autoimmune diseases.
- Why Staci started labeling certain foods and environmental factors as poison.
- Anthony and Staci answer our fun hot seat questions!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Food As A Prescription
Staci on LinkedIn
Anthony on LinkedIn
Allison Tannis on LinkedIn
Allison Tannis on Instagram
Natural Health Influencer on Instagram
Natural Health Influencer Facebook Group
Vista Magazine on Instagram