If you're someone who is struggling with blood sugar levels or weight loss, this episode is for you! Today, we delve into new research about avocados and the tiny molecule found in them that, according to scientists at the University of Guelph, can do great things for your insulin levels and your health! We’re joined by Dr. Paul Spagnuolo, food scientist, renowned expert in nutraceuticals, and acclaimed researcher from the University of Guelph, who has affectionately been nicknamed ‘The Avocado Guy’. Dr. Spagnuolo gives us a detailed breakdown of what insulin resistance is and how it affects our health before explaining the research that he has been doing on avocados for the past 10 years. Tuning in, you’ll hear about Avocatin B, how it works on the mitochondria of our cells, and how it has been proven to reduce insulin resistance. Dr. Spagnuolo also talks about the Metavo supplement he has developed and how it may benefit you. To find out more about this nutraceutical breakthrough that may help you manage your blood sugar levels, stop cravings, and even get rid of that afternoon crash, tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- An introduction to today’s guest, Dr. Paul Spagnuolo, and his impressive credentials.
- What insulin resistance is and how it affects our health.
- Insight into Dr. Paul Spagnuolo’s decade of avocado research.
- What Avocatin B is and how it works on the mitochondria of our cells.
- Results from a lab study on mice to improve how their bodies metabolize fats and sugars.
- How they applied these findings to human subjects.
- Some of the benefits they saw in humans.
- How Avocatin B helps reverse insulin resistance.
- The Metavo product that Dr. Paul Spagnuolo developed.
- Why just consuming avocado is not enough.
- Who would benefit from taking Metavo.
- The importance of diet and exercise and why this is not a magic pill.
- Some of the other nutrients in Metavo and the benefits of chromium.
- What an A1C test is and how Avocatin B affects test results.
- Success stories of how the product has impacted people’s lives.
- Where you can find Metavo.
- What Dr. Paul Spagnuolo believes to be the next big thing in nutraceuticals.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Dr. Paul Spagnuolo on LinkedIn
Allison Tannis on LinkedIn
Allison Tannis on Instagram
Natural Health Influencer on Instagram
Natural Health Influencer Facebook Group
Vista Magazine on Instagram