Our lives are full of stressors, and although our fight or flight response is something we should all be very appreciative of, chronic stress affects us mentally and physically in numerous negative ways. But this doesn’t have to be your reality; you have the power to choose vitality, vulnerability, and a full life (rather than just a busy life), and today’s guest, Dai Manuel, is here today to tell you how! Dai is a lifestyle mentor, author, and speaker who has overcome a number of personal struggles throughout his life. In doing so, has learned valuable lessons which he now wants to share with as many people as possible. In this conversation, we speak about the key factors which make for a healthy, fulfilling life, and how to tell if you are pushing yourself too hard in the wrong direction. We also discuss the SMART acronym (a simple framework that will get you on track with your goals), why clarity should be the starting point of your personal development, and why we need to change the way we think about aging!
Key Points From This Episode:
- An introduction to today’s guest, Dai Manual.
- Dai’s stint as a stand-up comedian.
- Why clarity is key on the journey of self-development.
- What Dai focuses on in his Ted Talk.
- Personal struggles that Dai has overcome.
- SMART; Dai explains each step of this goal-setting acronym.
- Lessons Dai learned from watching Ru Paul’s Drag Race.
- Dai opens up about his own personal development journey.
- What research shows about the importance of solid social networks.
- The difference between living a busy life and a full life.
- Why we should be thankful for our ‘fight or flight’ responses.
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV); what this is and the value of keeping track of yours.
- How stress negatively affects human beings.
- Why Dai thinks we need to change the way we think about aging.
- What “blue zones” are, and what we can learn about life from the people who live in them.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Dai Manuel on Instagram
Dai Manuel on LinkedIn
Dai Manuel on Facebook
Why Vulnerability is a Human Thing (TED Talk) by Dai Manuel
Ru Paul’s Drag Race
Lifespan by Dr. David Sinclair
Dr. Joe Dispenza
Blue Zones - Dan Buettner
Allison Tannis on LinkedIn
Allison Tannis on Instagram
Natural Health Influencer on Instagram
Natural Health Influencer Facebook Group